Dearest David,
I don't want to play devil's advocate. But as a peace strategist, a former GPC Shadow Cabinet Defense Critic, Peace Building Advocate, and as someone who would wish to advise the prospective Green Prime Minister, I shall say:
"China crushing democracy in Hong Kong, attacking the vessels of neighboring states in the South China Sea, ambushing and killing 20 Indian soldiers last week, and holding millions of Uighurs in internal concentration camps for years", maybe, maybe not.
Because it seems to me that all our sources of reference are from sources unfriendly vis-à-vis China or from purely anti-Chinese-Government sources. Therefore, I would advise to take a more nuanced, prudent, just, peacebuilding approach.
I am sure, others will advise differently. Everyone likes fireworks! Peace is boring! And difficult.
Sorry to disappoint everyone. And I apologize, and ask for forgiveness! 🙃 It is so cool to have enemies in order to strengthen our cohesion! Maybe Shodja Eddin Ziaian with his bizarre name and bizarre ideas is also a good target to gang-up against!
I am stating a fact, not jumping to any conclusion or making any judgment. I am just stating and warning: MAYBE, MAYBE NOT... I am asking to be careful to have all information from both sides before making a judgment. Before going to any kind of "war" (darn it! we so much like fireworks! Peace is so boring)! I don't want to play devil's advocate, but, in my opinion, we do not possess equal information from both sides of the China complicated case. Therefore, MAYBE, MAYBE NOT.
Shodja Eddin Ziaian, Toronto, June 29, 2020
No comments:
Post a Comment