In the wonder of the world, I am an Iranian wondering in my wandering.
And getting nausea; mentally.
I absolutely dislike Islam and Muslim clerics in general.
I am a Canadian and I am called out as Islamophobic.
I have always been and will always be categorically opposed to the Islamic system in Iran or elsewhere, for obvious secular reasons.
I am a firm supporter of Bernie Sanders in the US Presidency race.
Now, in the Sanders election campaign, a cleric Muslim, Hassan Qazvini, calls on American Muslims to support Sanders!
I dislike Muslim clerics. But he is by origin an Iranian born in Karbala, Iraq.
And If I am not mistaking, he and his father also a cleric are opposed to the Islamic regime in Iran.
Karbala and Iraq. A city and a country Anglo-American Mercantilism have been forcing Iran and Iranians to recognize as foreign to them. Imagine French people forced to recognize Paris or Dijon foreign to them! Or Milano stranger city territory to Italy!
Iraq, a Persian word, is where the capital of the Persian empire was located for over a thousand years. Ctesiphon, its Iranian capital for over a thousand years, destroyed by the Muslim fighter herds of the Caliph Omar. Baghdad built next to its ruins, again, by Iranians, Persians.
The name Qazvini means “from Qazvin”, a city and region not far from Tehran, not far from the Caspian Sea, from which the name originates. Probably Kaspin, originally, it became Caspian in European languages, Qazvin in Arabic (language deprived of consonant “p”) and therefore in Arabized-Persian that must obey the conqueror.
During the rally, Imam Qazvini speaks Arabic. Because Arabic is the language of Islam, of the Koran, and of most Muslims.
But he speaks Arabic also because, in 1920, the British having separated Iraq from Iran, forbade being Iranian, forbade being Persian, in that part of the cradle of Iranian territory. A “silent genocide of Iranians in Iraq”, historians and politicians do not wish to talk about.
All these schizophrenic mixtures give me nausea.
Why would all that brings in my mind, Sadegh Hedayat, a most famous 20th-century Iranian author who committed a gentle suicide? In Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment